Transmission Repair Shop in Alexandria, VA
Do you have a manual or automatic transmission? If your car is newer, it’s most likely automatic, but some models, especially sports cars, have manual. Either way, the transmission is the central component of your vehicle’s engine, and if it’s not working correctly, you could experience some significant problems while driving. Thankfully, we’re a top transmission repair shop Alexandria VA, and we can handle any issue you might have.
What Problems Require a Transmission Repair Shop Alexandria VA?
In most cases, you’ll notice your car won’t drive as smoothly when something goes wrong with the transmission. The most common issues include:
- Shaking or Grinding – Usually, you’ll notice this when accelerating as your car shifts into a higher gear. In some instances, you may feel a sudden jerking motion as it switches from one to the next.
- Trouble Accelerating – Sometimes, the transmission can’t get into a higher gear, so you won’t be able to go any faster. In this case, your car will be revving and getting higher RPMs without increasing its speed.
- Burning Smell – The transmission contains various belts and rotors that can rub against each other. When everything is aligned correctly, you won’t notice any issues. However, if something comes loose, it could burn and create a strong odor.
- Check Engine Light – Your car’s transmission is one of the primary reasons why your check engine light might turn on. Even if the car runs okay, you should get it diagnosed as soon as possible.
Other Auto Repair Shop Services in Alexandria, Virginia
Luxury Imports is much more than a transmission repair shop Alexandria VA. We also offer comprehensive automotive repair options, such as:
- Tire Services – We can rotate, align, or replace your tires as they wear down. We can also fix any flats so you can be back on the road in no time.
- Brake Repair – Do you realize how many times you stop in a single drive? Even a quick trip to the store might have you stopping a dozen times or more. This wear and tear puts a lot of pressure on your brakes.
- Oil Change and Preventative Maintenance – The best way to ensure cheap auto repair is to take care of routine maintenance as needed. Oil changes, fluid flushes, and diagnostic inspections are all examples of this.
Contact Luxury Imports Transmission Repair Shop Alexandria VA
If you wait until your transmission breaks down, you might find yourself in a nasty collision. Also, the longer you wait, the higher your repair bill will be. Call us today to schedule an appointment before disaster strikes.