Brake Repair in Alexandria VA
You may not be aware of them, but your car’s brakes are a crucial part of the driving experience. You’re always using the brakes, and if they’re not working correctly, you could be putting yourself and other drivers in danger. Fortunately, we’re one of the top shops for brake repair Alexandria VA, and we can help you keep your car running (and stopping) smoothly.
What to Expect During Brake Repair Alexandria VA
Although your brake system is relatively complicated, it’s comprised of three main components – the fluid, the pads, and the rotors. Let’s look at how each piece can wear down over time and how to tell when it’s time to replace them.
- Brake Fluid – This fluid keeps the system working correctly through hydraulics. Over time, your brake fluid can get old and dirty, meaning it won’t work as efficiently. You may also encounter a leak, which can lead to serious consequences if left unchecked. If you’re low on fluid or it’s filthy, it’ll take longer than usual between pressing the pedal and stopping.
- Brake Pads – Your pads will experience the most wear and tear while driving. These pieces are what cause your car to slow down and stop, and the more forceful you are on the pedal, the more damage you do to the pads. You can tell when they’re wearing out because they’ll start to squeal or grind.
- Brake Rotors – It’s recommended to change your rotors every 70,000 miles. On average, you’ll replace the pads at least once or twice before swapping out the rotors. Again, you’ll hear loud noises when braking if the rotors are damaged or worn.
Other Auto Repair Services in Alexandria, Virginia
Brakes aren’t the only thing we can fix in your car. We also specialize in all kinds of auto repair shop services, like:
- General Tune-Up – Inspecting your vehicle’s systems helps prevent any potentially costly repairs down the road.
- Tire Service – Even if you have resilient tires, they wear down every time you’re on the road. If they’re starting to go bald, we can replace and realign them.
- Transmission Repair – Your transmission is essential for a smooth ride. We can repair and replace automatic and manual transmissions.
- A/C Service and Repair – Is your A/C working well enough when the weather gets hot? If not, call us and we can do an A/C flush or replace various components inside the system.
Contact Luxury Motors Brake Repair Alexandria VA
Your car’s stopping power is crucial for avoiding a collision. If you’re noticing some odd sounds when braking, now is the time to address the problem, not after an accident. Call us today to set up an appointment.