Your car’s transmission is like its beating heart. So, when your transmission is starting to act up, you’ll notice immediately. If left unchecked, you could wind up with some costly repairs. So, it’s best to bring your vehicle to a top transmission repair shop Lorton VA as soon as you see any signs of wear. As one of the top auto repair shops in the region, we can diagnose and fix the problem ASAP.
How to Tell You Need a Transmission Repair Shop Lorton VA
Because the transmission is such an integral part of your car’s drivetrain, there are several ways to tell when it needs work done. Some of the most common signs include:
- Gear Slipping – As you accelerate, your vehicle shifts gears automatically. However, you’ll notice a gear slipping if you experience a jolt while driving, like the car is struggling to move faster.
- Burning Smell – Various belts are inside your vehicle’s transmission, and they can wear down over time. If you notice a burning smell, it’s time to visit an auto repair shop in Lorton, Virginia ASAP.
- Not Switching Gears – Your car has to go into higher gears to move faster. So, if you’re pressing the gas and not accelerating, the problem is likely the transmission. You’ll also notice your car revving at higher RPMs when you press the pedal.
- Grinding Noises – As the gears wear down, they don’t move as efficiently as before. So, they may start grinding against each other. This problem typically happens because you’re out of transmission fluid. That also often happens when you have a leak in the line.
Bring Your Car to the Best Auto Repair Shop in Lorton, Virginia
We’re not just a transmission repair shop Lorton VA. We also offer a wide array of auto repair services, such as:
- Brake Repair – Is your car taking longer to stop, or are you hearing squeaking and grinding as you slow down? We can fix your brakes, pads, or fluid.
- Tire Repair – How long since you last replaced your tires? They experience the fastest wear and tear, so you need to pay attention.
- Tune-Ups – The best way to avoid a high auto repair bill is to inspect your car regularly. Tune-ups can keep everything in prime condition.
- Body Damage – Do you have scratches and dents? We’re also a certified auto body repair shop in Lorton, Virginia.
Contact Luxury Motors Transmission Repair Shop Today!
Don’t wait for your transmission to fail. If something bad happens, you could wind up in a collision, putting yourself and others at risk of injury. Call us today to keep your vehicle working properly.